[DS] Desert Storm GTA Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[DS] Desert Storm GTA Clan

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]

Go down 
+12
Jhon_Cool
[DS]Loocky
[DS]EddieMaddox
Seta_Youto
[DS]Bomba
[DS]Judge
[DS]Fire723
[DS]II..R(V)D..II
[DS]xRyanN
[DS]Da[R]eDevil
[DS]killer999
[DS]Stormy_Wolf
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
[DS]Stormy_Wolf
Main Owner
[DS]Stormy_Wolf

Job/hobbies : Software Developer

storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] Empty
PostSubject: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15 2014, 14:04

Yo,

since donations keep coming and I will soon have a lot of free-time I decided that I'm going to script a whole new GM for Desert Storm. The 'old' server will stay online of course, but nonetheless we will get a new server which will be 24/7 and on hosted-tab.

Generally, it will also be a TDM server, but I'm planning to put some more ideas of RP in it. It will also contain some elements of Battlefield and Call of Duty Games.

If you have any suggestions for the new server, feel free to post them here since I somehow ran out of ideas.
[In this case, please inform yourself about the historic Operation D-Day so you know what the server would look like. Wikipedia Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-Day ]

Remember this is your chance to really get involved in the server planning and maybe you'll be beta tester for the new server.

Planned Release will be 1.-15. March.
Back to top Go down
https://desertstorm-gtaclan.forumotion.com
[DS]killer999
Co-Owner
[DS]killer999

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15 2014, 14:30

Fuel system for vehicles as it will contain RP would be nice Smile
Back to top Go down
[DS]Da[R]eDevil
Head Admin
[DS]Da[R]eDevil

Job/hobbies : studies,cricket,desertstorm

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15 2014, 15:55

My suggestions!
Since it will be a DM + RP Server I will give the following suggestions.

1. Plz add a Stunting to it, if I am not wrong old versions of DS had a totally different world which was mapped as a stunting zone (I was not fortunate enough to witness it but I was told about it by a very old member/admin).It will be very popular as in my view good stunting servers attract huge amount of players + it will give a totally new dimension to DS.

2. Add minigames such as Minigun deathmatch (like we had before, i know it was bugged but if it can be fixed please look after it), Chainsaw deatmatch and something similar to them ( maybe flamethrower dm)

3. As it is supposed to be a RP server, I suggest of adding a clock system which will keep record of the time spend by a player ingame (very usefull when requiting someone as member/admin) I suggested this before too click  here for more info.

4. One shot for sniper should be back (something which I loved badly Razz)

5. More events like race events, drag (drift is already there ie dirtbike)

6. Hunter and seasparrow should come back, increase there eligibility criteria ie 10000 score and minimum of 500 hours of imgame time for hydra and hunter, 700 score and 350 hours of ingame time for rhino and seasparrow.

7. BF should be in an small area (just like we have in our current version or maybe a bit smaller that that) It generally takes a bit longer to reach other parts of the base (ie from our base to the enemy base) which reduces the action and the pace of the game.

8. Army balloon and terrorist balloon should come back (as we had before) not many of us actually use it but it looks good (more like a showpiece)

9.As this version is inspired by Normandy landing, para-trouping should be compulsory (after they land they can take there vehicle if required)    

10.Trucking missions, we could add a story to it like Team A needs more weapons and ammo it should be transported from one point to another.

I will think about more suggestions, which you can add if you like them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
[DS]xRyanN

[DS]xRyanN

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15 2014, 17:58

Keeewl  Surprised 
Back to top Go down
[DS]II..R(V)D..II

[DS]II..R(V)D..II

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17 2014, 07:04

Awesome News................. Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
[DS]Fire723
Deputy Head Admin
[DS]Fire723

Job/hobbies : Hackers have no chance

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17 2014, 07:10

Stormy for president!  Nice Thread ! 
Back to top Go down
[DS]Judge
Head Admin
[DS]Judge

Job/hobbies : Badminton

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17 2014, 08:18

Since there will be some rp in it, can you add some worlds like stunt world (Players will only stunt in it, no dm or...). And RP world? (All players must RP in it ( No DM for no rp reasons) and DM world ofcourse  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
[DS]Stormy_Wolf
Main Owner
[DS]Stormy_Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20 2014, 17:14

Well I won't add three worlds because I don't want it to have a RP world, but I'm planning to add some RP things in our TDM world.

For now I thought about a fuel system for the vehicles as well as being able to control the engines.

Since the release will already be with version 0.3z we'll also be able to have a Headshot System for Sniper (more fun that just instant kill) and to detect the body parts where a player was hit which will be rather useful for RP.

Furthermore there will be some drones for checking the enemy base and receive detailled intel on your enemies.

There will not only be ranks but a real career so not only score and XP are important but you also have to do other things to rank up.

As Dare suggested I'll try to add a stunt world but nevertheless it will be hard, especially because of the mapping.

That's what I thought of for now waiting for more suggestions.
Back to top Go down
[DS]Bomba

[DS]Bomba

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20 2014, 19:52

mm i have a nice idea :-

the ability of the players to get OWN cars and houses
Back to top Go down
[DS]killer999
Co-Owner
[DS]killer999

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20 2014, 20:53

Auto Time and weather changer would be nice Razz
Back to top Go down
Seta_Youto

Seta_Youto

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 21 2014, 14:48

[DS]bomba wrote:
mm i have a nice idea :-

the ability of the players to get OWN cars and houses

yea right

TDM+Little bit of RP=Really Nice
 Nice Thread ! 
Back to top Go down
[DS]EddieMaddox

[DS]EddieMaddox

Job/hobbies : Engineer

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06 2014, 12:16

1-Some weapons must be removed ((Like Grenades,Flame,Molotov,RPG or Putting a limit ammu for them and for special ranks ((army generals and VIPS--specially for VIPS)))).
2-/me----/do RP Cmds need to be added.
3-Scripting barriers with the surroundings of both Army base and Terroists base,/c4 will be used against the main gate of whatever army base or terroists base to invade their base so /repair will be used to fix the gates.
4-scripting a capture point in both bases which allow for both team to /capture their base.(( score and money will be gained for that))
6-Removing Hydra Plane or placing only one plane in each base.
7-beside C4 Tanks will be used to break down the main gates of enemy.
8-scripting Paycheck each hour in order to know who is active and who is not ((it will be placed in /stats-and scripting admin cmd to know that stats of playes or making /stats (id) it will be for whole players to see it.
9-Scripting a Small bank which be abled to be robbed by terro with /rob cmd,this idea stats:- at a fixed time the bank will be abled to be robbed from terroists they will get a money bag (id 1550),they will need to wait atleast 5min protecting their money (without dying) then they will earn their money which is 100k-150k if that person died the money bag will be dropped on the ground and anther person will be able to pick it up and continue the remaning time (it doesn't matter if he was army or terroist,but we will add a rule says no runing out of battle field.
10-/jail CMD should be activated for admins.
11-More suggestions will be added soon and i wish you guys like those.

Last edited by [DS]EddieMaddox on Thu Feb 06 2014, 14:22; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Seta_Youto

Seta_Youto

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06 2014, 13:00

1.Adding Bank,Hungry,and more

2.Remove Heavy weapons,and dangerous weapons (RPG,Molotov,Grenade,Flamethower),tec9,uzis,sawnoff

3.Remove Heavy Vehicle

lot of suggestion soon !
Back to top Go down
[DS]Stormy_Wolf
Main Owner
[DS]Stormy_Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 14:04

storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] Sa-mp-10

storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] Sa-mp-11
Back to top Go down
[DS]Loocky
Owner
[DS]Loocky

Job/hobbies : Football, Games and Math

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 14:07

nice nice stormy  Snap ! 
Back to top Go down
[DS]killer999
Co-Owner
[DS]killer999

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 14:10

Good Job  Bravo !
Back to top Go down
[DS]Bomba

[DS]Bomba

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 14:44

wow nice work stormy Bravo ! 
Back to top Go down
Seta_Youto

Seta_Youto

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 15:00

[DS]Stormy_Wolf wrote:
storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] Sa-mp-10

storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] Sa-mp-11

Shocked  it's really nice! i like it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
[DS]EddieMaddox

[DS]EddieMaddox

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 19:06

That's what i'm talking about. Bravo ! 
Back to top Go down
[DS]Fire723
Deputy Head Admin
[DS]Fire723

Job/hobbies : Hackers have no chance

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09 2014, 20:10

WOW this is awesome! Good job Stormy!
Back to top Go down
[DS]killer999
Co-Owner
[DS]killer999

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28 2014, 22:54

How about a new mission "Save the commander"

it looks like "army / terror general" but this one will differ like it will be launched every 10mins or whatever and a player will be chosen from a team and maybe get teleported to a hideout with his team mates and they have to save him, for the other team they have some mins to go to the hide out and to kill the commander if they killed him, the team will get score and money :Pif they didn't and the commander mates won they also will get score and money and commander maybe chosen randomly between all the teams player or between the high ranked ones the mission may also starts like how in this pics "for the team who will kill the commander"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a5/Into_the_Jaws_of_Death_23-0455M_edit.jpg

xD it would be a nice mission, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Jhon_Cool
Head Admin
Jhon_Cool

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01 2014, 01:04

[DS]killer999 wrote:

it looks like "army / terror general" but this one will differ like it will be launched every 10mins or whatever and a player will be chosen from a team and maybe get teleported to a hideout with his team mates and they have to save him, for the other team they have some mins to go to the hide out and to kill the commander if they killed him, the team will get score and money :Pif they didn't and the commander mates won they also will get score and money and commander maybe chosen randomly between all the teams player or between the high ranked ones the mission may also starts like how in this pics "for the team who will kill the commander"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a5/Into_the_Jaws_of_Death_23-0455M_edit.jpg

Good idea, Killer. I would definitely like to play this mission, sounds like fun and I hope it will be considered.
Back to top Go down
[DS]EddieMaddox

[DS]EddieMaddox

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01 2014, 07:04

[DS]killer999 wrote:

Its good idea and i support it but what abou save the commander and the money as the commander will be chosen with a money bag and if the enemy killed him gets the score and money from the ground?? it would be great conflict Smile
Back to top Go down
[DS]Bomba

[DS]Bomba

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 01 2014, 16:35

good idea killer i hope it will be added
Back to top Go down
[DS]Stormy_Wolf
Main Owner
[DS]Stormy_Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 02 2014, 19:28

storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] Sa-mp-12

storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] Sa-mp-15

storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] Sa-mp-14
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]   storm - Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Desert Storm Server 2 - Operation D-Day [Planning]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next