[DS] Desert Storm GTA Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[DS] Desert Storm GTA Clan

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone still here?

Go down 
+8
[DS]Stormy_Wolf
[DS]Da[R]eDevil
[DS]Ameen
[DS]Nezoo
[DS]Big_K
Jhon_Cool
[DS]Loocky
[DS]killer999
12 posters
AuthorMessage
[DS]Stormy_Wolf
Main Owner
[DS]Stormy_Wolf

Job/hobbies : Software Developer

Anyone still here? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone still here?   Anyone still here? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 19:55

Hey Guys,

I'm wondering what to do about the Server's issues. I want to Keep it alive for sure and it will be kept alive Long as I'm the Owner of this.

The Main Question is: What to do about the Server?

I still have all the Gamemodes the Server was running over the years, and yet I'm willing to maybe change it back to an old one.

It should be a fun place for all of us, but since nobody is playing we must do something.

I am also willing to get it back on hosted by next month, as soon as I see there's still interest in the Server.

If not, it will remain on Internet tab.

Comments would be welcome

Signed

Stormy_Wolf

PS: If you wish to contact me, you'll find me from Monday to Thursday, 10am-6pm and Friday, 10am - 2pm (GMT +2) on our IRC server that is working again after the IP changed.

Last edited by [DS]Stormy_Wolf on Mon Nov 21 2016, 15:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://desertstorm-gtaclan.forumotion.com
[DS]killer999
Co-Owner
[DS]killer999

Anyone still here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone still here?   Anyone still here? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 23:02

I support the idea of returning to an old gamemode , it may bring back interests of players to the server
also we should get the staff back like anyone got contact of someone else he should tell him to get back that may help the server once again
Back to top Go down
[DS]Loocky
Owner
[DS]Loocky

Job/hobbies : Football, Games and Math

Anyone still here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone still here?   Anyone still here? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16 2016, 13:45

I'm still here, changing back to the old game mode won't be a bad idea but u know, it's old and no one updated it since "pursuit" update, so maybe add few things like : more stpu missions, new class, somehow try to merge those two game modes(btw we want the UAV base back, that was the hearth of the server Very Happy and of course the BOTS aka the best guy to spectate when you go afk).

I will be here daily so let's get this server back on track !
Back to top Go down
Jhon_Cool
Head Admin
Jhon_Cool

Anyone still here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone still here?   Anyone still here? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 09:12

I support the idea of going back to the old game mode with some new features. The old game mode is much simpler and easier to understand for new players so that should help with getting new players to stay.
Back to top Go down
[DS]Stormy_Wolf
Main Owner
[DS]Stormy_Wolf

Anyone still here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone still here?   Anyone still here? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 14:10

Okay Guys, so that is what we wanna do. I'll get the old Gamemode back online as soon as possible, and also put it back on Hosted-Tab by next month.

We'll Keep the 25 Server Slots for now, and if Players come back we will increase them to our Needs.

Hope to see you guys on XAT/Forum and ingame soon !
Back to top Go down
[DS]Big_K
Head Admin
[DS]Big_K

Job/hobbies : Road and bridge engineer

Anyone still here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone still here?   Anyone still here? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 15:23

Time to time I join the server and then there is one or two players online even in this condition right now.
As I said in the previous post, first it would be great if it would be back on hosted tab. I think that unbanning all the players should give a nice result as well.
Agree with that we should get back old gamemode but with some new, fresh features.  bounce  cheers
Back to top Go down
[DS]Ameen
Head Admin
[DS]Ameen

Job/hobbies : Engineering Student / Football & DS

Anyone still here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone still here?   Anyone still here? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 16:29

I'll say just remove the rebel class. Rest there is no MAJOR difference in old and new gamemode (New map is good I feel).
Also I support the idea of unbanning all players provided staff (admins) are online. From my side, I'll give my best.
P.s. I'm in contact with few staff members, will inform them.
Back to top Go down
[DS]Nezoo
Deputy Head Admin
[DS]Nezoo

Job/hobbies : Web developing, Music Producing

Anyone still here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone still here?   Anyone still here? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 17:59

Jhon_Cool wrote:
I support the idea of going back to the old game mode with some new features. The old game mode is much simpler and easier to understand for new players so that should help with getting new players to stay.
Same idea and unbanning all players too will be good.
Back to top Go down
[DS]Stormy_Wolf
Main Owner
[DS]Stormy_Wolf

Anyone still here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone still here?   Anyone still here? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18 2016, 09:43

For now I've deleted the Ban Log so everyone will be able to join again (except their accounts are banned in the database)

Furthermore I put the old GM back online and I will take care that it will be updated soon !

Hosted-Tab has just been requested and will be unlocked within a few days (1 month for now, afterwards I'll put on another 2 months)

Btw if you want to contact me personally, I'll probably be available only via IRC (now it's working again) from Monday to Thursday 10am-6pm (GMT+2) and Friday from 10am-2pm. If I'm not here feel free to send a mail to stormywolf@t-online.de or just send me a forum PM.

I hope to see all of you on IRC and ingame soon !

Now let's discuss what features from the new GM you would like to see in the old one. Feel free to share your opinions and I'll make sure to add them as soon as I fixed some bugs currently present.

Signed

[DS]Stormy_Wolf
Back to top Go down
[DS]Ameen
Head Admin
[DS]Ameen

Job/hobbies : Engineering Student / Football & DS

Anyone still here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone still here?   Anyone still here? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18 2016, 14:02

My suggestions:
*Only two teams i.e Army and Terrorist with their old base map (No rebels).
*Remove Factory and add STPU with more ranks and missions.
*Keep the Hospital provided no health-ups in base. Most of us used the fight to conquer it. Also Hospital frequently gets bugged, need to fix. (Crash Plane is optional)
*For terrorist, replace suicider's bobcat with boxville mission.
*Keep Rocket post in Army base and heli-rocket system.
*Maybe remove fuel system from vehicles as it annoyed newbies.
*Add all the features you mentioned to add in next update (heli rope, submarine missions etc).
Back to top Go down
[DS]Da[R]eDevil
Head Admin
[DS]Da[R]eDevil

Job/hobbies : studies,cricket,desertstorm

Anyone still here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone still here?   Anyone still here? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20 2016, 13:35

I would recommend that we should make our official section in discord.
https://discordapp.com/. No need to download, we can chat from internet too.
Its pretty simple to use

Last edited by [DS]Da[R]eDevil on Tue Nov 22 2016, 10:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
[DS]Stormy_Wolf
Main Owner
[DS]Stormy_Wolf

Anyone still here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone still here?   Anyone still here? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21 2016, 15:28

Hey Guys,

at first thanks for all of your comments/suggestions; I'll try and add them to the Server soon as possible.

INGAME UPDATE NOTIFICATION:The current Gamemode will be updated within this week, adding some functionalities from the previous Gamemode (Grenade Thrower, Mines etc.). It'll also fix some bugs in the current gamemode.
Afterwards there will be new and yet unscripted features in the upcoming update.

Moreover, I have decided to lower the requirements for Member Applications which will hopefully get us some active staff on the server.

Feel free to post more comments/suggestions; not only for ingame features, but also concerning forum and chat features.

Signed

[DS]Stormy_Wolf
Back to top Go down
-Kite-
Deputy Head Admin + Forum Moderator
-Kite-

Anyone still here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone still here?   Anyone still here? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23 2016, 11:48

Sorry for my late reply
Its good to get old version of the gamemode but its better if we find a way to keep old with the new of today.. I mean people want the new features right?
Anyway I'm in everything you decide to do guys , and of course , interest still exists with no doubts
Back to top Go down
shankly

Anyone still here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone still here?   Anyone still here? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23 2016, 13:56

These suggestions are for in-game new players:

• New players will get 15000+ money when they registered
  • New players will get full armor until 100/50+ score/kills

It is just to make fair to new players, because they were getting killed rapidly
Back to top Go down
[DS]Ra[Z]or.inc
Owner
[DS]Ra[Z]or.inc

Anyone still here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone still here?   Anyone still here? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23 2016, 17:09

Anyone still here? D6d
Back to top Go down
[DS]HellDefender

Job/hobbies : Playing Computer

Anyone still here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone still here?   Anyone still here? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24 2016, 14:06

I'm sorry for the late reply but proud to say that i am still here waiting for come back guys! ^.^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anyone still here? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anyone still here?   Anyone still here? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone still here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[DS] Desert Storm GTA Clan :: General :: General-
Jump to: